Willys-Overland Motors, Inc. Administration Building. Toledo, Ohio.
The Willys-Overland Company produced nearly a half-million Willys-Knight automobiles from 1914-1933. The distinctive sleeve-valve engine also powered the Willys-Overland Falcon-Knight and Stearns-Knight automobiles, two marques produced for the very prestigious luxury market.
THE AUTOMOBILE AS A CIVILIZER The New York Times June 6, 1909 BY J. N. WILLYS, President Overland Automobile Co.There is probably nothing in the industrial world of this country that has surpassed in interest the wonderful growth of the automobile industry. From seventeen makers of motor cars in 1898 to approximately 300 in 1909,… Read More »
In January, 1908, Overland Automotive Division of Standard Wheel Company was purchased by John Willys North, and in 1912 reformed as the Willys-Overland Company.